Maxus names Madhvi Pahwa as first global talent director
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 April 2012 11:12AM
GroupM agency Maxus has appointed Madhvi Pahwa, currently managing partner for learning and culture at GroupM India, as its first global talent director.
Kelly Clark, global chief executive officer for Maxus, said that Pahwa would be based in Delhi, India.
Before joining GroupM in India in 2006, Pahwa held several senior marketing and brand management roles with marketers including Proctor & Gamble and Coca-Cola India, where she spent 10 years in marketing roles ranging from managing brand portfolios, to consumer insights and media planning and buying.
Clark noted that locating the talent director's role in India rather than New York or London signalled a break from tradition for media agencies, one that provided the agency with an important distinction from its competitors.
Maxus, which started its life in Asia, claims to be one of the fastest-growing media services agencies in the world, and was named by Campaign as Media Network of the Year in December 2011.
Clark said: "I've always believed there's big opportunity for a media agency to take an exciting new direction in talent management, one that really differentiates the agency.
"Maxus can be that agency, and I think we can make that happen with Madhvi's leadership, advice and partnership. Having Madhvi based in Asia also recognises the importance of our fastest-growing region to the future of our talent agenda."
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity