Citroen ties up with Facebook for 'first' crowsourced production vehicle
Citroen is collaborating with Facebook on an app that allows users to create a new version of its C1 city car, in what it claims is the first crowdsourced production vehicle in the UK.
The C1 Connexion project will let Facebook users specify six configuration elements: the number of doors; exterior and interior colours; equipment such as Bluetooth or sat nav; and alloy wheels.
The campaign is based at the French marque's Facebook hub, www.facebook.com/citroenuk, and will carry the tagline, "You like it. We make it".
The most popular version of the C1 Connexion will go into mass production and be available to buy later this year.
Melina Kacherou-Carage, head of digital marketing at Citroen UK, said: "This is crowdsourcing in action. The New C1 Connexion will be a car created for the Facebook generation, by the Facebook generation."
Facebook's UK commercial director, Stephen Haines, said: "[Citroen has] built the experience around people, so their fans can have a personal experience through the app and share that with their friends.
"Facebook shouldn't just be bolted on to an existing campaign, it should be an integral part of the brand's full marketing and strategic plan."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager - Brand Engagement Stonor £28,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience , Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Integrated Marketing Stonor £28 - £35k Dependent on experience, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxfordshire
- Account Manager/Senior AM - Partnership Marketing Stonor £30,000 - £40,000, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)