Ryder Cup seeks help to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf'
By John Owens, prweek.com, Thursday, 05 April 2012 09:30AM
An agency search is under way to support the Ryder Cup when it comes to Scotland in 2014.
An RFP has been sent out for a consumer consultancy ahead of the tournament, which will be hosted at the historic Gleneagles golf course and is expected to boost the country's economy by £100m.
The brief calls for an agency to showcase Scotland as the 'Home of Golf' while also ensuring 'positive relations' with local communities.
The work will be aimed at everyone from 'golf zealots' through to business travellers in Scotland and seven key European markets that include France, Spain and Portugal.
As a part of underpinning a 'Ryder Cup legacy programme' it will also promote ClubGolf, a gold initiative aimed at introducing every primary school child in the country to the sport by the age of nine.
Agencies have until 15 April to submit proposals, while the selected few will head to The Gleneagles Hotel on the week beginning 30 April.
A spokesman for the Ryder Cup declined to comment on the budget of the brief.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- AM and SAM - experiential - Up to £38k Stopgap £30000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - integrated agency - Central London WE ARE THOMAS £30-36k plus benefits, Central London
- Digital Designer - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Somerset
- CRM Manager (1 year maternity cover) f1 Recruitment 50,000, Kensington