Bulmers launches Perfect Pint AR activity
Bulmers, the cider brand, is launching an augmented reality marketing campaign tomorrow (6 April) to show consumers how to serve a perfect pint.
The campaign, created by agency Space, features predominantly in the on-trade market, with AR markers appearing on drip mats, point-of-sale posters and window vinyls across 10,000 pubs in the UK.
Consumers who download the Bulmers app and point handsets at the AR markers will see their pint become animated, and will be shown how to serve it professionally.
Supporting activity includes a sampling campaign in Morrisons, Tesco, Asda and Sainsbury's. On-trade outdoor messaging will encourage consumers to scan the Bulmers QR codes to enter a daily competition to win £300 worth of gig and events tickets.
Gareth Turner, senior brand manager at Bulmers, told Marketing that it was important to show people how to serve the product, but that consumers didn't want to be "preached" at.
He said: "People don't want to be told how Bulmers must be drunk, but if you can bring the brand to life at point of purchase, then people will engage with it.
Stella's Cidre variant, launched last year, hasn't perturbed Bulmers or caused it to change strategy.
Turner said the competition made the cider category more "vibrant", causing the market to continue to be led by product innovation.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show