The Times to sponsor Sky Sports News at Ten
The Times, the News International-owned newspaper, is to sponsor the 'Sky Sports News at Ten' from tomorrow (6 April) in a bid to showcase the breadth of its sports coverage.
The sponsorship will run until the autumn and The Times' idents around the hour-long programme will seek to demonstrate the different sports featured in the paper, starting with football and rugby.
Spots for cricket, tennis, Formula 1 and athletics will also be broadcast over the course of the campaign.
The Times prides itself on its sports coverage and has won seven awards for its coverage in 2012, including Sports Newspaper of the Year at the Sports Journalists' Association awards and Sports Journalist of the Year at the Press Awards.
Suzi Watford, marketing director, The Times and The Sunday Times, said: "This campaign will demonstrate our commitment and passion for sports journalism. The range of awards The Times has won so far this year shows that we are clearly the UK's superior newspaper in terms of world-class sports coverage."
'Sky Sports News at Ten' is the sports news channel's daily round-up of news and features highlights footage, as well as interviews with sportsmen, managers and coaches.
At the end of last month, News International (NI) appointed the Bartle Bogle Hegarty partner Nick Stringer as its director of marketing communications. He will report to the chief marketing officer, Katie Vanneck-Smith.
Stringer takes the key role at NI as it reaches the final stages of a pitch for its £28m advertising business.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Assistant Brand Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London