The Times to sponsor Sky Sports News at Ten
The Times, the News International-owned newspaper, is to sponsor the 'Sky Sports News at Ten' from tomorrow (6 April) in a bid to showcase the breadth of its sports coverage.
The sponsorship will run until the autumn and The Times' idents around the hour-long programme will seek to demonstrate the different sports featured in the paper, starting with football and rugby.
Spots for cricket, tennis, Formula 1 and athletics will also be broadcast over the course of the campaign.
The Times prides itself on its sports coverage and has won seven awards for its coverage in 2012, including Sports Newspaper of the Year at the Sports Journalists' Association awards and Sports Journalist of the Year at the Press Awards.
Suzi Watford, marketing director, The Times and The Sunday Times, said: "This campaign will demonstrate our commitment and passion for sports journalism. The range of awards The Times has won so far this year shows that we are clearly the UK's superior newspaper in terms of world-class sports coverage."
'Sky Sports News at Ten' is the sports news channel's daily round-up of news and features highlights footage, as well as interviews with sportsmen, managers and coaches.
At the end of last month, News International (NI) appointed the Bartle Bogle Hegarty partner Nick Stringer as its director of marketing communications. He will report to the chief marketing officer, Katie Vanneck-Smith.
Stringer takes the key role at NI as it reaches the final stages of a pitch for its £28m advertising business.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- NI promotes Karin Seymour to replace Ian Dowds
- James Murdoch to stand down from BSkyB
- BBH's Nick Stringer moves to News International
- News International picks WPP to handle £28 million ad account
- Sky profits up 18% despite ad revenue drop
- News International unveils a 'more innovative' marketing structure
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Digital Executive Spotlight Recruitment £26000 - £28000 per annum + excellent benefits, West End
- Junior Account Manager, London, up to £26,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP23000 - GBP25000 per annum, London
- Account Executive, London, up to £23,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP20000 - GBP21000 per annum, London
The console is dead: The Socialisation of Gaming
The games console as we know it is dead. When Microsoft unveiled the Xbox One earlier this week, it was clear that this was more than a device that would enable you to play Call of Duty or FIFA – this was, in Microsoft’s own words, “an all-in-one home entertainment system”.