Nivea Sun sponsors hit Disney Junior show
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Thursday, 05 April 2012 10:55AM
Nivea Sun has teamed up for the first time with Disney Junior's hit show 'Jake and the Never Land Pirates' to create an interactive campaign that promotes kids' sun protection.
As part of the campaign, and to coincide with the upcoming Easter holidays, Nivea Sun is sponsoring a 'Jake’s All Aboard Easter' season. Episodes of 'Jake and the Never Land Pirates' will screen back-to-back throughout the Easter period on Disney Junior.
There will also be a co-branded on-air competition to drive consumers to the Nivea Sun microsite, which will feature a competition page and a branded 'Jake and the Never Land Pirates' game for parents and children to play together.
Carat conceived and managed the initiative on behalf of Nivea Sun and negotiated the package with Disneymedia+, the ad sales and promotions division of Disney in the UK.
Carat has also secured Nivea Sun a short-term promotional licence agreement with Disney that will allow it to use 'Jake and the Never Land Pirates' in its own communications to drive further awareness of the initiative.
The campaign went live this week on Disney Junior with a second burst of sponsorship activity around 'Jake and the Never Land Pirates' programming scheduled for the summer holidays.
Hannah Caine, account manager for Carat, said: "The strategic tie-in we have created for Nivea Sun and Disney Junior has resulted in a highly interactive campaign than spans both of the brand's touch points and provides a more meaningful message that will help Nivea Sun cut through the clutter of sun-care ads this summer and redefines the boundaries of what sponsorship can deliver."
Nivea recently launched a £1m TV ad campaign for its Nivea For Men Sensitive range.
Follow Nick Batten on Twitter @NickBatten2
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Lead Customer Trading Manager - In Life Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Lead Domestic Product Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Lead Pricing Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Stategic Creative or Creative Team needed for global project Network Career Consultants £300 - £450 per day, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show