James Bond to swig a Heineken in Skyfall
James Bond, the British spy created by Ian Fleming, is to break with tradition in the latest film in the franchise, 'Skyfall', by adding Heineken to his drinking repertoire.
Bond, played by Daniel Craig, will be seen drinking a Heineken in at least one scene of the film, as part of the brand’s tie-up with the franchise, which began in 1997.
A Heineken spokesman said: "In Bond's 50-year history, there are numerous references to Bond enjoying a beer in both Ian Fleming's original novels, and in subsequent films such as 'On Her Majesty’s Secret Service' and 'Quantum of Solace'.
"There is no doubt that James Bond will always be synonymous with 'shaken not stirred', but he is a man of the world, so it's not surprising that a contemporary Bond might enjoy a Heineken beer occasionally."
The global ads, themed around Heineken’s 'Open Your World' campaign, will launch in September, ahead of the release of 'Skyfall' in the UK.
The Bond franchise has been using product placement for some time, featuring brands such as Aston Martin and Virgin Atlantic, but industry reports suggest that 'Skyfall' will set a new record, with a rumoured $45m – a third of the film's overall budget – coming from brand payments.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- Account Executive - Hampshire Stonor £20,000 - £23,000 plus benefits, Hampshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, West Midlands
- Web Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20,000 - £24,000, Derbyshire
- Performance Marketing Manager - CLIENT-SIDE - leading digital pioneer Bamboo Crowd £40,000 - £50,000, London (Central), London (Greater)