James Bond to swig a Heineken in Skyfall
James Bond, the British spy created by Ian Fleming, is to break with tradition in the latest film in the franchise, 'Skyfall', by adding Heineken to his drinking repertoire.
Bond, played by Daniel Craig, will be seen drinking a Heineken in at least one scene of the film, as part of the brand’s tie-up with the franchise, which began in 1997.
A Heineken spokesman said: "In Bond's 50-year history, there are numerous references to Bond enjoying a beer in both Ian Fleming's original novels, and in subsequent films such as 'On Her Majesty’s Secret Service' and 'Quantum of Solace'.
"There is no doubt that James Bond will always be synonymous with 'shaken not stirred', but he is a man of the world, so it's not surprising that a contemporary Bond might enjoy a Heineken beer occasionally."
The global ads, themed around Heineken’s 'Open Your World' campaign, will launch in September, ahead of the release of 'Skyfall' in the UK.
The Bond franchise has been using product placement for some time, featuring brands such as Aston Martin and Virgin Atlantic, but industry reports suggest that 'Skyfall' will set a new record, with a rumoured $45m – a third of the film's overall budget – coming from brand payments.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London