Adidas invites Brits to 'take the stage' in biggest-ever UK campaign
Adidas is rolling out its biggest UK ad campaign to date with the aim of showcasing British talent and encouraging UK consumers to 'Take The Stage' in 2012.
The London 2012 Games sponsor will launch a 60-second TV ad featuring Team GB athletes Victoria Pendleton, Louis Smith and Tom Daley, as well as TV comedian Keith Lemon and musician Example. The ad, created by Sid Lee, will tell the story of how to go overnight "from the top deck of the bus to the top of the charts".
Further TV ads will promote adidas' Sport, Street or Style product ranges, including its official Team GB kit, with appearances from a series of brand ambassadors, each offering an exclusive prize.
David Beckham will offer viewers the chance to photograph him on set, rapper Wretch 32, who has recorded the soundtrack for the TV ads, is searching for a music act to perform on his tour, while basketball star Derrick Rose will invite a winner to play basketball with him in the US.
The campaign launched at 20:12 on Saturday 7 April, during the ad break on ITV1's 'Britain's Got Talent'. Further activity will centre on the brand's website, www.adidas.com/all2012, and Facebook page, as well as its @adidasUK Twitter page and #takethestage hashtag, where Keith Lemon will feature in additional Team GB-themed content.
Nick Craggs, adidas UK marketing director, said the campaign would "celebrate London" and "inspire the rest of Britain".
He said: "Our new 'Take The Stage' campaign is designed to showcase London, but also the talent that exists within Great Britain. Adidas is providing young people across Britain with once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that could change their lives."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- CRM & Acquisition Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England
- UK Trade Marketing Manager - Fishcare Products Online Resourcing Comprehensive Salary & Benefits Package, Waltham, Melton Mowbray, Leics.
- Front End Developer JM Digital £350 per day, North London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%