Havas builds US footprint with Ignition purchase
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 April 2012 09:49AM
Havas Media is expanding its Havas Sports & Entertainment operation ahead of London 2012 with the acquisition of Ignition, an independent experiential marketing agency with offices in the US, London and Moscow.
Havas Sports & Entertainment has been looking to increase its global offer through an acquistion strategy, as major sporting events including the Olympics, Paralympics, Euro 2012 and the 2014 World Cup in Brazil near.
Ignition is handling the Olympic Torch Relay for the London 2012 Games.
It was founded in Vermont by Dill and Suan Driscoll in 1997. It has offices in Atlanta and New York and counts American Express, BP, ESPN, United Nations Foundation and Victoria's Secret among its clients and is a "global partner" of The Coca-Cola Company.
Havas Sports & Entertainment is the brand engagement arm of Havas, which also includes the Cake agency, working with brands scuh as adidas, British Airways, EDF, Ikea and the recently won Eurostar account on sponsorship, content creation and brand experiences.
Ignition will continue to be managed by current president Mike Hersom and the original founders. Hersom will report into Havas Sports & Entertainment's global president and chief executive officer, Lucien Boyer.
Boyer said: "Ignition will add tangible value to the Havas Sports & Entertainment and Cake Group agencies in our network, helping to reinforce our strong global offering at a very interesting time for brands in sports and entertainment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Community Manager | £26-30K, depending on experience. Dynamic New Alliances Up to 30K + Benefits, Central London
- Retention Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review