Havas builds US footprint with Ignition purchase
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 April 2012 09:49AM
Havas Media is expanding its Havas Sports & Entertainment operation ahead of London 2012 with the acquisition of Ignition, an independent experiential marketing agency with offices in the US, London and Moscow.
Havas Sports & Entertainment has been looking to increase its global offer through an acquistion strategy, as major sporting events including the Olympics, Paralympics, Euro 2012 and the 2014 World Cup in Brazil near.
Ignition is handling the Olympic Torch Relay for the London 2012 Games.
It was founded in Vermont by Dill and Suan Driscoll in 1997. It has offices in Atlanta and New York and counts American Express, BP, ESPN, United Nations Foundation and Victoria's Secret among its clients and is a "global partner" of The Coca-Cola Company.
Havas Sports & Entertainment is the brand engagement arm of Havas, which also includes the Cake agency, working with brands scuh as adidas, British Airways, EDF, Ikea and the recently won Eurostar account on sponsorship, content creation and brand experiences.
Ignition will continue to be managed by current president Mike Hersom and the original founders. Hersom will report into Havas Sports & Entertainment's global president and chief executive officer, Lucien Boyer.
Boyer said: "Ignition will add tangible value to the Havas Sports & Entertainment and Cake Group agencies in our network, helping to reinforce our strong global offering at a very interesting time for brands in sports and entertainment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Corporate Designer Gemini Search £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Senior Sales Manager - TRAVEL - Programmatic Ultimate Asset £42000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , City of London
- Commercial Head of Video - Global Brand Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + excellent benefits & amazing commission, London
- Head of Marketing,Design, London, £65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Strategic Marketing Manager, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham