Reebok partners with PeerIndex for social giveaway
Reebok has teamed up with PeerIndex, the social media measurement service, to give away free pairs of trainers and personal training sessions to influential sports and fitness enthusiasts via Facebook and Twitter.
Reebok will identify 1,000 influential people who discuss fitness on social media platforms Facebook and Twitter, to give away free CrossFit personal training sessions.
The top 100 influencers will receive a free pair of Reebok RealFlex trainers.
Consumers can visit a dedicated part of PeerIndex's site (http://www.peerindex.com/vip/crossfit) where they can log into their Facebook and Twitter accounts to check if they are influential enough to qualify for a prize.
Reebok aims to drive positive brand association and traffic to the microsite through the discussion generated on social media.
The activity is part of Reebok's partnership with CrossFit and supporting brand campaign, which aims to change the way that people think about fitness.
Mark Allin, digital marketing manager, Reebok, said: "CrossFit is a program that utilises elite fitness standards but scales to weights and reps to meet the needs of any and all individuals, so we’re keen to introduce it to as many of the fitness enthusiasts and novices in the UK as possible
"This isn’t just about reaching those individual influencers – we're asking them to bring a friend along to their training session and we know that they’ll want to share their thoughts and experience on Twitter, Facebook or wherever when they’re done."
Earlier today Reebok announced a tie up with broadcaster Eurosport to produce and air a new show to document the CrossFit Fitness Championships, which is sponsored by the sports brand.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager AF Selection £25000 - £28000 per annum, Manchester
- Head of Resource The Industry Club London Ltd 55 - 60K, LONDON, SE1
- Global Digital Manager - Dubai Dot-Gap £47k, London Central
- Global Strategic Planning + Insight Exec Dot-Gap £31k, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Global Account Exec - Cross Media Dot-Gap £31k , United Arab Emirates (AE)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile