John Lewis to open dedicated Olympic shops
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 April 2012 12:56PM
John Lewis is to roll out 29 dedicated Olympic shops within its department stores, as part of its tier-three sponsorship of London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics.
John Lewis will also dedicate space to selling London 2012 merchandise in its smaller stores.
Today (10 April), top officials from John Lewis and the organisers of London 2012 disclosed details of the plan.
John Lewis already has a London 2012 store wihtin its Stratford store in East London, which has been open for around six months. But today marked the roll out of the other stores.
John Lewis is the official retailer of London 2012 and, within its London 2012 stores, will sell mugs, clothes, sports equipment, homeware and jewellery. Some of the products will be exclusive to the deparment store.
As part of the tie-up, the John Lewis will supply the Olympic site in Stratford with furniture and soft furnishings.
Sebastian Coe, the London 2012 chairman who today visited the John Lewis Oxford Street store, said: "The difference between a good and a great Games is that you need to focus on the quality of the volunteers. And this [John Lewis] is an organisation that can do this."
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
|Top 10 selling London 2012 merchandise|
British Icons Routemaster, Red, £10
Lenticular Tumbler, Pictogram, £2
Union Jack Mascot Mug, £5
Keyring, Union Jack, £6
Mascot, Wenlock, 20cm, £9.95
Union Jack Gymsack, Navy/red/white, £5.60
Pictogram Mug, £6
Lenticular Tumbler, £2
Wristbands, Multi, Set of 4, £5
Logo Pin Badge, Medium, Union Jack, £6
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs