Innocent introduces smaller smoothie bottles
Innocent smoothies is introducing a 160ml bottle in a bid to give consumers a "daily portion" of fruit and fit into Sainsbury's and Tesco's lunchtime meal deals.
The new size will be available from this month across the Strawberry and Banana, and Mango and Passion Fruit ranges. The bottles will be offered as part of meal deals and will also be available to buy individually at £1.09.
Until now Innocent's smallest smoothie portion was a 250ml bottle priced at £1.83.
The 160ml bottles contain less than 100 calories and one portion of the recommended "five-a-day", compared to the 250ml bottle's two portions.
Sarah Smart, marketing manager at Innocent, said: "By offering our 160ml smoothie as part of meal deals in Sainsbury's and Tesco, we're able to give consumers a healthy, tasty and great value choice at lunchtime."
Innocent is following in the footsteps of its majority shareholder Coca-Cola by introducing a new size.
The soft drink giant introduced a 375ml "pocket-sized" bottle across its three cola brands last month, alongside its 330ml cans and 500ml bottles.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex