John Smith's creates responsible drinking campaign around Grand National
John Smith's is launching a marketing campaign urging consumers to drink responsibly at the Grand National, which will include its first-ever TV ad to air at Aintree.
The campaign marks the first time the Heineken-owned brand has run responsible drinking messages around the event in the history of its eight year sponsorship.
The Grand National begins on April 12 and ends on April 14.
The campaign will run in Liverpool and at the Aintree racecourse from tomorrow (12 April), and will be live for the next three days.
It feeds into the brand’s heavyweight outdoor campaign to promote its title sponsorship of the Grand National for the second year running.
The campaign, created by Aesop, operates under John Smith's "No nonsense" messaging. Outdoor ads use different phrases including, "Get home straight" and "too much makes the going soft", ending with the strapline, "Drink responsibly".
The push also marks the first TV ad from John Smith's focused specifically on the Grand National. It shows a race-goer having a comical "tick tack" conversation with a bookie, before his friend steps to mime the universal actions for going to the bar.
The ad will air on screens at the racecourse and on YouTube.
Heineken said it is committed to promoting the responsible consumption of its products, stating that the campaign messaging is not due to any Government requirements.
The brewer said it actively and voluntarily promotes a message of responsible drinking through other sports sponsorship programmes such as the rugby Heineken Cup and Uefa Champions League football.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account