Budweiser beer mats link fans to FA Cup
Budweiser, the sponsor of the FA Cup, has launched an app that allows consumers to pose with a virtual replica of the trophy by pointing their smartphone at a Budweiser beer mat.
The Man of the Match app uses augmented reality implemented by Aurasma to bring the trophy to life.
The app, which already allows consumers to vote for their man of the match, browse through upcoming fixtures and access match stats, has been updated to include the augmented reality technology.
Consumers that point the camera on their smart device at promotional Budweiser beer mats will see the FA Cup appear on their screens in 3D.
Iain Newell, European marketing director, Budweiser, said: "Part of Budweiser's mission as FA Cup sponsor is to bring the famous trophy closer to the fans.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media