Budweiser beer mats link fans to FA Cup
Budweiser, the sponsor of the FA Cup, has launched an app that allows consumers to pose with a virtual replica of the trophy by pointing their smartphone at a Budweiser beer mat.
The Man of the Match app uses augmented reality implemented by Aurasma to bring the trophy to life.
The app, which already allows consumers to vote for their man of the match, browse through upcoming fixtures and access match stats, has been updated to include the augmented reality technology.
Consumers that point the camera on their smart device at promotional Budweiser beer mats will see the FA Cup appear on their screens in 3D.
Iain Newell, European marketing director, Budweiser, said: "Part of Budweiser's mission as FA Cup sponsor is to bring the famous trophy closer to the fans.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare