Budweiser beer mats link fans to FA Cup
Budweiser, the sponsor of the FA Cup, has launched an app that allows consumers to pose with a virtual replica of the trophy by pointing their smartphone at a Budweiser beer mat.
The Man of the Match app uses augmented reality implemented by Aurasma to bring the trophy to life.
The app, which already allows consumers to vote for their man of the match, browse through upcoming fixtures and access match stats, has been updated to include the augmented reality technology.
Consumers that point the camera on their smart device at promotional Budweiser beer mats will see the FA Cup appear on their screens in 3D.
Iain Newell, European marketing director, Budweiser, said: "Part of Budweiser's mission as FA Cup sponsor is to bring the famous trophy closer to the fans.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager: Global Packaging Branding Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Business Director Major Players £75000 - £78000 per annum, London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch