Co-operative launches Diamond Jubilee party fund
The Co-operative Food is to give away £100 vouchers to finance 100 Queen's Diamond Jubilee street parties.
People holding street parties over the Queen's Diamond Jubilee long weekend from 2-5 June, can win £100 worth of Co-operative vouchers to put towards the food, alongside a party pack including bunting, paper cups and plates, and Union Jacks.
Rival retailer Sainsbury's has heavily invested in marketing activity around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, through a sponsorship of the river pageant and the hosting of a festival in Hyde Park.
Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer (M&S) is subtly trying to associate itself with the Jubilee with a star-studded summer campaign.
Party organisers can apply for the Co-operative party fund by explaining why their community has decided to host a street party, on the retailer's Diamond Jubilee microsite.
The most touching and community focused entries will be handed the funds, while the competition will run until 30 April.
The Co-operative is marking the Diamond Jubilee with a range of new products, including a teddy bear gingerbread biscuit sporting a Union Jack T-shirt, and limited-edition doughnuts decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles.
The retailer will also be introducing two limited-edition, premium own-brand British beers, named 'Jubilation' and 'Salutation', which will be in store from 2 May.
Helen Nunn, head of marketing for The Co-operative Food, said: "They are great neighbourhood occasions and, as a retailer at the heart of the communities in which we trade, we're getting behind the Jubilee celebrations at a local level, with a helping hand to make people's street parties extra special and memorable."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager Source £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure