Co-operative launches Diamond Jubilee party fund
The Co-operative Food is to give away £100 vouchers to finance 100 Queen's Diamond Jubilee street parties.
People holding street parties over the Queen's Diamond Jubilee long weekend from 2-5 June, can win £100 worth of Co-operative vouchers to put towards the food, alongside a party pack including bunting, paper cups and plates, and Union Jacks.
Rival retailer Sainsbury's has heavily invested in marketing activity around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, through a sponsorship of the river pageant and the hosting of a festival in Hyde Park.
Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer (M&S) is subtly trying to associate itself with the Jubilee with a star-studded summer campaign.
Party organisers can apply for the Co-operative party fund by explaining why their community has decided to host a street party, on the retailer's Diamond Jubilee microsite.
The most touching and community focused entries will be handed the funds, while the competition will run until 30 April.
The Co-operative is marking the Diamond Jubilee with a range of new products, including a teddy bear gingerbread biscuit sporting a Union Jack T-shirt, and limited-edition doughnuts decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles.
The retailer will also be introducing two limited-edition, premium own-brand British beers, named 'Jubilation' and 'Salutation', which will be in store from 2 May.
Helen Nunn, head of marketing for The Co-operative Food, said: "They are great neighbourhood occasions and, as a retailer at the heart of the communities in which we trade, we're getting behind the Jubilee celebrations at a local level, with a helping hand to make people's street parties extra special and memorable."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive - Agency - Advertising Adam Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Head of Marketing - Boutique, Global Asset Management Firm - London Capstone Hill Search Negotiable, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing EMR £60000 per annum + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager, URGENT, Freelance, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £180 per day, London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 - £75000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Tim Hipperson to become interim CEO of Weve
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- O2 dog turns hip hop for Big Bundles