Weetabix launches campaign for new golden syrup variant
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 April 2012 09:56AM
Weetabix is launching its first ad campaign for the brand's golden syrup variant next week (16 April), under the cereal's "Fuel for big days" strapline.
The campaign for Weetabix Golden Syrup, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, is called 'Dad's Day Out' and features a child giving his father a bowl of the golden syrup cereal, saying, "You're gonna need it," before exhausting him through a series of children's activities.
The ad is supported by digital and social media activity, and will encourage consumers to talk about the product online, by using a hashtag – #GoldenFuel – in its TV execution for the first time.
Media planning and buying has been handled by Walker Media.
The campaign builds on last year's debut work for Weetabix from BBH, a £7m ad campaign positioning the brand as the ideal cereal for facing the day ahead.
Francesca Davies, marketing manager at Weetabix, said: "We wanted to create an ad that both adults and kids can relate to, which is funny and positions Weetabix Golden Syrup as the perfect way for everyone to fuel up for those days, which are unexpectedly a little bit busier than others."
Creative directors Dominic Goldman and David Kolbusz worked on the ad, with Kolbusz also working as a copywriter, alongside James Gillham.
Dominic Goldman and Graham Cappi art-directed, with producer Georgina Kent. The production company was Moxie Pictures.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)