Weetabix launches campaign for new golden syrup variant
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 13 April 2012 09:56AM
Weetabix is launching its first ad campaign for the brand's golden syrup variant next week (16 April), under the cereal's "Fuel for big days" strapline.
The campaign for Weetabix Golden Syrup, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, is called 'Dad's Day Out' and features a child giving his father a bowl of the golden syrup cereal, saying, "You're gonna need it," before exhausting him through a series of children's activities.
The ad is supported by digital and social media activity, and will encourage consumers to talk about the product online, by using a hashtag – #GoldenFuel – in its TV execution for the first time.
Media planning and buying has been handled by Walker Media.
The campaign builds on last year's debut work for Weetabix from BBH, a £7m ad campaign positioning the brand as the ideal cereal for facing the day ahead.
Francesca Davies, marketing manager at Weetabix, said: "We wanted to create an ad that both adults and kids can relate to, which is funny and positions Weetabix Golden Syrup as the perfect way for everyone to fuel up for those days, which are unexpectedly a little bit busier than others."
Creative directors Dominic Goldman and David Kolbusz worked on the ad, with Kolbusz also working as a copywriter, alongside James Gillham.
Dominic Goldman and Graham Cappi art-directed, with producer Georgina Kent. The production company was Moxie Pictures.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Source £45000 - £55000 per annum + excellent benefits, Surrey
- Press Planning/Buying Account Executive Lipton Fleming £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign