Peugeot targets younger drivers with YouTube push
Peugeot is looking to promote its new 208 model to younger drivers with an online campaign featuring YouTube sensation dancer Marquese Scott.
The French manufacturer has launched a video clip featuring ‘Nonstop’ performer Scott dancing to a new track called ‘Feel the love’ by Rudimental, tipped to be a big hit this summer.
The campaign, devised by Initials Marketing, EHS 4D and OMD, includes a video showing Scott moving continuously to the track, dancing past a parked 208 model and the strapline for Peugeot’s global campaign for 208, ‘Let Your Body Drive’.
The clip is already going viral amassing around 230k views, and Peugeot will support it further with a roadshow taking in seven UK shopping centres, including Bristol’s Cabot Circus, Birmingham’s Bullring and London’s Westfield.
Consumers will be encouraged to visit a dedicated YouTube page and upload their own ‘Bodydrive’ video, with the best entry will win a trip for seven to Ibiza. The competition will run from 25 April to the end of June.
Nick Crossley, brand advertising, partnership and sponsorship manager at Peugeot, said: "The new 208 represents a huge step in the evolution of the ‘20’ series. The Bodydrive campaign complements the interactive nature of the 208, from the dashboard to the integral interior design of the vehicle, which is deceptively spacious."
The Peugeot 208 goes on sale in the UK on June 28.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head of New Business to £70,000. Film & Commercials agency. London EC1 Mark Paine Recruitment to £70,000, EC1
- Production Editor - £33,000. Premium publishing and brand agency. WC2 London Mark Paine Recruitment to £33,000 plus benefits/ healthcare & dental care., WC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years