McDonald's to introduce Olympic happy meal promotion
McDonald's is launching a 'Mascotathon' happy meal promotion on Wednesday (18 April), featuring the London 2012 Games characters, Wenlock and Mandeville.
McDonald's is the official restaurant provider to London 2012, and its new promotion involves the brand giving away nine million toys with its happy meals, encouraging children to engage with the Games.
The toys include two stepometers, a jumpometer, a bat and ball, shuttle run-counter and a relay baton.
Mascots Wenlock and Mandeville will carry out a three-month regional tour of McDonald's restaurants across the UK, starting this weekend (21 April) in Cardiff. The mascots will be joined by decathlon athlete and McDonald's ambassador, Dean Macey.
The promotion will be supported by an online competition that will award 100 children with tickets to the Games, the chance to meet an Olympian, and behind-the-scenes access to events. Wednesday (18 April) marks 100 days until the start of the Games.
McDonald's' last happy meal promotion was launched at the start of this year, giving away nine million children’s books as part of a tie-up with publisher HarperCollins.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- McDonald's launches content portal in latest phase of UK 'McMakeover'
- McDonald's serves up 'one a day' fizzy drink for kids
- McDonald's prepares Great Tastes of America menu
- Denise Lewis criticises athletes over sponsor tweets
- Think BR: Olympic turnaround - Connecting with customers
- Olympic sponsors McDonald's, Adidas and Coca-Cola are media lightning rods
- ISBA slams doctors for 'abdicating responsibility' in obesity debate
- Medical body calls for Olympic ban on Coke and McDonald's
- McDonald's kicks off grassroots football push
- McDonald's chief announces his retirement
- McDonald's kicks off Absolute breakfast show sponsorship
- Designer / Creative Artworker David Thatcher Recruitment £25-30k, Wantage, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director David Thatcher Recruitment 335-60k dep experience, Milton Keynes
- planning Director Twist Recruitment £80000 - £100000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager [Beauty Account] - Excellent London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k + great benefits, Central London
- Account Manager - Superb Central London Agency - to £30k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £30k, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web