Heineken unveils London Olympic venue
Heineken has unveiled the first virtual glimpse of its Holland Heineken House, the official "national house" to be used by the Netherlands Olympic Committee during London 2012.
For the first time, through a virtual tour, fans will be able to see how Heineken will be transforming North London venue Alexandra Palace, also known as Ally Pally, into the Holland Heineken House for the Games. It expects the hub to be visited by more than 100,000 fans.
The tour reveals a venue interior which focuses on a 'This Must Be Holland' concept. The brewer describes the look as a "fusion of typically British characteristics with an orange twist, the national colour of the Netherlands".
Entertainment at the venue will be varied, including sports activities, bars and restaurants, and appearances by DJs and performers from the Netherlands. A large hall will host medal ceremonies for athletes, as well as screening the opening and closing ceremonies for the Games.
There will also be shops on site selling official Netherlands and Holland Heineken House-branded merchandise.
Hans Erik Tuijt, Heineken's global activation manager, said it would be "the most memorable house yet, both in terms of size and the experience we will offer our visitors".
Over a series of Olympic Games, Holland Heineken House has become renowned for its creative design, and the concept will celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2012.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Publicity and Social Think Jam Limited Excellent salary and benefits, London
- Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- PR Account Manager, Entertainment/Broadcast, £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 per annum, London
- Social Media Manager - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement