Toyota launches YouTube car configurator
By Emma Powell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:05PM
Toyota has launched a YouTube-based car configurator, created by Saatchi & Saatchi LA, in a bid to promote its Prius C model to young US consumers who are turned off by standard drop-down, menu-heavy interfaces.
The video-based car configurator, which Saatchi & Saatchi claims is the only one of its kind, is aimed at a new generation of digitally active customers preparing to buy their first car.
It has been designed to tap into the "social shopping" habits of the Prius C's core demographic of city dwelling professionals in their 20s and 30s who, according to research by Saatchi LA, look for tools to help them share and collect opinions.
The site hosts video tutorials for first-time car buyers on topics such as financial planning and buying from a car dealership, as well as a miles-per-gallon calculator that shows viewers how much fuel they are using up on regular drives and a 'Meet the Prius' feature that allows potential buyers to re-skin a Prius in the colour of their choice.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Mobile & Apps Manager Stopgap Competitive Day Rate, South East England
- Online Content Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, South East England
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel