Toyota launches YouTube car configurator
By Emma Powell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:05PM
Toyota has launched a YouTube-based car configurator, created by Saatchi & Saatchi LA, in a bid to promote its Prius C model to young US consumers who are turned off by standard drop-down, menu-heavy interfaces.
The video-based car configurator, which Saatchi & Saatchi claims is the only one of its kind, is aimed at a new generation of digitally active customers preparing to buy their first car.
It has been designed to tap into the "social shopping" habits of the Prius C's core demographic of city dwelling professionals in their 20s and 30s who, according to research by Saatchi LA, look for tools to help them share and collect opinions.
The site hosts video tutorials for first-time car buyers on topics such as financial planning and buying from a car dealership, as well as a miles-per-gallon calculator that shows viewers how much fuel they are using up on regular drives and a 'Meet the Prius' feature that allows potential buyers to re-skin a Prius in the colour of their choice.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Email Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum + pro rata - 3 months, London
- Social & Content Executive Stopgap £28000 - £35000 per annum + pro rata - 3 months, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015