Toyota launches YouTube car configurator
By Emma Powell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 17 April 2012 12:05PM
Toyota has launched a YouTube-based car configurator, created by Saatchi & Saatchi LA, in a bid to promote its Prius C model to young US consumers who are turned off by standard drop-down, menu-heavy interfaces.
The video-based car configurator, which Saatchi & Saatchi claims is the only one of its kind, is aimed at a new generation of digitally active customers preparing to buy their first car.
It has been designed to tap into the "social shopping" habits of the Prius C's core demographic of city dwelling professionals in their 20s and 30s who, according to research by Saatchi LA, look for tools to help them share and collect opinions.
The site hosts video tutorials for first-time car buyers on topics such as financial planning and buying from a car dealership, as well as a miles-per-gallon calculator that shows viewers how much fuel they are using up on regular drives and a 'Meet the Prius' feature that allows potential buyers to re-skin a Prius in the colour of their choice.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager (ALL MEDIA) Dot-Gap £35k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Planner Dot-Gap Competitive, London (Greater)
- Affiliate Account Manager Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne