VIDEO: 'Customers are looking for value and personal luxury', says Starbucks' Cranna
Ian Cranna, Starbuck's vice president of marketing and category, UK & I, talks about the biggest challenges facing the brand and what customers really want.
In answer to Marketing's quick-fire questions, Cranna said: "The biggest challenges facing our brand I think are similar to the challenges that many brands and companies are facing today – customers are in difficult times.
"They're looking for value, but they're also looking for that little bit of personal luxury and for us as a brand you can come to Starbucks and get your cup of coffee and you can sit down and take a moment and customers I think are able to do that in a very very difficult world for them at this point in time."
Cranna said the best advice he had ever been given was "try to approach things differently". With this in mind, he tries to be innovative with the Starbucks brand and proactive with bringing about change.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier.
Follow the producer team on Twitter @BRProducers
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Munich
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Research Director - Iconic British Brand - Up to 75K Elizabeth Norman International £35000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Account Director Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience, Witney