Audi presents brand manifesto in global campaign
Audi has launched a global TV and cinema ad outlining its brand manifesto, based around its 'Vorsprung Durch Technik' strapline.
The ad, by German ad agency Kempertrautmann, uses a series of clips to showcase new technologies being developed by the Volkswagen-owned marque, including its 'e-tron' electric vehicle programme, its 'ultra' lightweight vehicle development, and its 'connect' in-car digital products.
A voiceover by actor Simon Callow says: "Our world amazes us, with new possibilities. It inspires us to progress, to create new kinds of technology – technology that can connect everything important to us, that can make things lighter, more efficient, yet more powerful. That can make breathtaking electrical vehicles.
"Visionary technology that enrich our lives. That's where we're going, with 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'."
The campaign will run until the end of June, with 60-second ads running on TV and a 90-second version screening in cinemas.
It follows the launch of a new UK campaign for the brand's A5 model, which harks back to the early days of the brand in the 1920s, depicting Audi as a "design pioneer".
Audi UK marketing director Dominic Chambers told Marketing earlier this year that he would look to make the marque’s classic strapline more prominent in future activity.
Chamber said: "'Vorsprung Durch Technik' is the best-known slogan in the automotive sector by quite some way, but even though it's featured in our communications over the past few years, I feel it's become a bit recessive. I'm going to ensure it features more heavily and is a core part of the creative brief."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Head of Film Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Executive B2B Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Head of Digital Strategy Ball & Hoolahan £90,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Pitch Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film