Omnicom Group Q1 revenue climbs 5% to $3.3bn
Omnicom Group, the holding company of media agency network OMD and creative network BBDO, has reported that its first-quarter net income rose by 4.1% year on year, after global revenues increased by 5%.
The group, which is headed by John Wren and also owns the TBWA, DDB and PHD brands, reported yesterday (17 April) that its worldwide revenue during the quarter was $3.31bn (£2.077bn), a rise of 5.0% year on year.
US revenue was $1.72bn (£1.07bn) in the first quarter, up 4.0% year on year, while revenue in the rest of the world, which includes the UK, was $1.588bn (£997.2m), a 5.9% increase.
Net income for the first quarter was $226m (£1.42m), an increase of 4.1% from $217.1m (£136.1m) in the first quarter of 2011.
Omnicom companies provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires