Omnicom Group Q1 revenue climbs 5% to $3.3bn
Omnicom Group, the holding company of media agency network OMD and creative network BBDO, has reported that its first-quarter net income rose by 4.1% year on year, after global revenues increased by 5%.
The group, which is headed by John Wren and also owns the TBWA, DDB and PHD brands, reported yesterday (17 April) that its worldwide revenue during the quarter was $3.31bn (£2.077bn), a rise of 5.0% year on year.
US revenue was $1.72bn (£1.07bn) in the first quarter, up 4.0% year on year, while revenue in the rest of the world, which includes the UK, was $1.588bn (£997.2m), a 5.9% increase.
Net income for the first quarter was $226m (£1.42m), an increase of 4.1% from $217.1m (£136.1m) in the first quarter of 2011.
Omnicom companies provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager | FMCG Nu Creative Talent £31-35k + bonus + excellent benefits, London
- Senior 3D Designer Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum, Hertford
- Trade Marketing Executive - Up to £32k - Surrey - Travel Profiles Creative £28000 - £32000 per annum, Surrey
- Digital Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection £60 - £68K + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'