Which Olympic sponsor ads are most shared?
By Ben Hall, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 09:30AM
With 100 days to go before the start of the London 2012 Olympic Games, an Adidas film featuring David Beckham is so far the most shared Olympic ad from an official sponsor.
The ad, created by agency Sid Lee and featuring David Beckham, inspired nearly 22,000 Facebook shares and was mentioned in 16 blog posts.
BMW has been perhaps the most successful of the sponsors with three appearances in the top 10 chart.
The three ads from BMW managed a total of 21,355 shares between them, the most shared accounting for more than 18,500 of their all-time total.
Two ads from P&G also made the chart, managing combined total shares of 20,370 - including only one share on a blog post.
The chart, produced in conjunction with Unruly, ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on Facebook and the blogosphere.
1. Adidas 'take the stage' by Sid Lee
All time: 22,006 shares
2. BMW 'on the beach' created in-house
All time: 18,578 shares
3. P&G 'to their moms, they'll always be kids' by Wieden & Kennedy
All time: 11,584 shares
4. P&G 'best job' by Wieden & Kennedy
All time: 8,786 shares
5. British Airways 'boy'
All time: 8,039
6. Coca-Cola 'move to the beat' by Mother
All time: 5,822 shares
7. Panasonic 'London 2012'
All time: 1,507 shares
8. BMW 'man and machine' created in-house
All time: 1,466 shares
9. BMW '3 series' created in-house
All time: 1,270 shares
10. BT 'London 2012' by AMV BBDO
All time: 1,006 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief