London 2012 slogan 'Inspire a generation' to appear on Olympic merchandise
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 18 April 2012 11:02AM
The slogan for the London 2012 Olympics has been unveiled as "Inspire a generation", which will appear on all Olympic signs and merchandise.
The unveiling of the slogan comes as today (18 April) marks the beginning of the 100-day countdown to the start of the London 2012 Olympics.
Events are being held up and down the UK to mark the occasion.
These have included the unveiling of a giant set of Olympic rings, which has been made up of 25,000 flowers, at London's Kew Gardens.
The slogan was officially unveiled by Seb Coe, chairman of the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) and chief executive Paul Deighton.
London organisers also revealed that the Red Arrows will perform a flypast across the UK to mark the opening ceremony on July 27.
The RAF aerobatics team will fly over London 2012 sites in Belfast, Cardiff, Edinburgh and London.
Previous Olympic slogans include Sydney's "Share the spirit" in 2000, and Beijing's "One world, one dream" in 2008.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- SeniorAD or Group Account Director Stopgap £65000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Creative Services Manager become £35-40K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Producer become 35-38K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 per annum, City of London
- Display Campaign Executive - Top 3 Digital Agency Reuben Sinclair bonus, benefits, pension, healthcare, N1 London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy