Warburtons calls £8m ad review
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 08:00AM
Warburtons, the UK baking company, has put its £8m advertising account up for review.
The Bolton-based bakery has already approached agencies directly ahead of chemistry meetings, which are expected to take place next week.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is the incumbent on the business, which it won from Bartle Bogle Hegarty in 2009, ending a 12-year relationship.
The account followed Richard Exon two years after he left BBH to join RKCR/Y&R. The former chief executive has since quit RKCR/Y&R to launch his own agency.
Since winning the business, RKCR/Y&R has focused on promoting the company as a family bakery. The agency’s debut campaign was shot in a mock-epic Hollywood style and showed Warburtons employees preparing an early morning bread delivery. It also included a cameo by the company chairman, Jonathan Warburton.
This contrasted with BBH’s final campaign, in which a Japanese businessman found that every business in the UK bore the Warburtons name.
RKCR/Y&R also introduced the strapline, "Warburtons. We care because our name’s on it". This line has continued to be used in its most recent work, which gave customers the opportunity to become taste-testers for the brand by entering a competition on the Warburtons website and Facebook page.
In February, Warburtons split with its marketing director, Richard Hayes, who left after nearly five years.
In April last year, Megan Harrison was hired in the number-two marketing role.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show