Agencies line up for telecoms giants' new venture
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 08:00AM
Three of the UK's biggest mobile operators, O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere, are looking for an agency to handle the advertising to support the launch of a mobile payment joint venture.
The mobile companies plan to launch a mobile wallet, which allows users to pay for items with a swipe of their mobile phones, later this year, pending approval from the European Commission.
Representatives from the new venture, codenamed Project Oscar, have already had initial meetings with agencies interested in pitching for the business, as part of a process being run by AAR.
The telecoms groups plan to create the platform and an advertising sales house that could reach every subscriber on their networks. It would be the first of its kind in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Major Gifts Manager Stopgap £31000 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum, London
- Account Director : Theatrical & Home Entertainment brands : Integrated Agency Dylan IRO £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)