Agencies line up for telecoms giants' new venture
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 08:00AM
Three of the UK's biggest mobile operators, O2, Vodafone and Everything Everywhere, are looking for an agency to handle the advertising to support the launch of a mobile payment joint venture.
The mobile companies plan to launch a mobile wallet, which allows users to pay for items with a swipe of their mobile phones, later this year, pending approval from the European Commission.
Representatives from the new venture, codenamed Project Oscar, have already had initial meetings with agencies interested in pitching for the business, as part of a process being run by AAR.
The telecoms groups plan to create the platform and an advertising sales house that could reach every subscriber on their networks. It would be the first of its kind in Europe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London
- Brand Partnerships Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + excellent commission & benefits, London
- Agency Sales Manager - SPORT Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + competitive commission, London
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, North London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity