Tesco pitch prompts The Red Brick Road's Paul Weinberger to resign
Paul Weinberger, The Red Brick Road's chairman who has been instrumental in Tesco's advertising for the past 22 years, is to leave the agency later this year. The move follows Tesco's decision to review its £110 million advertising business.
Weinberger will remain as a non-executive director of TRBR and will provide consultancy to the agency’s clients after his retirement.
Weinberger has worked on the Tesco business for 22 years, six of which have been at TRBR, which launched with Tesco as its founding client. The remaining 16 years were at Lowe, where Weinberger helped launch the supermarket’s famous "Every little helps" strapline, which has won more than 30 industry awards.
Weinberger said: "I’ve enjoyed a wonderfully collaborative relationship with Tesco over the last 20 years or so but, sadly, you have to know when your time is up. I wish every success to Tesco and to all of the talented people at The Red Brick Road."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Online Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Not specified, Bedfordshire
- Lead Product Manager Experis Up to £77,300 per annum + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Copywriter Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London