Tesco pitch prompts The Red Brick Road's Paul Weinberger to resign
Paul Weinberger, The Red Brick Road's chairman who has been instrumental in Tesco's advertising for the past 22 years, is to leave the agency later this year. The move follows Tesco's decision to review its £110 million advertising business.
Weinberger will remain as a non-executive director of TRBR and will provide consultancy to the agency’s clients after his retirement.
Weinberger has worked on the Tesco business for 22 years, six of which have been at TRBR, which launched with Tesco as its founding client. The remaining 16 years were at Lowe, where Weinberger helped launch the supermarket’s famous "Every little helps" strapline, which has won more than 30 industry awards.
Weinberger said: "I’ve enjoyed a wonderfully collaborative relationship with Tesco over the last 20 years or so but, sadly, you have to know when your time is up. I wish every success to Tesco and to all of the talented people at The Red Brick Road."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Director/Manager Brand Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum + dependent on experience , Potters Bar
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CREATIVE AGENCY - PRINT, DESIGN - £50K Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum, West London
- Digital Designer - Agency - London - £30-£35k Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + BENEFITS, City of London
- Online Marketing Executive Stopgap £120 - £130 per day, London