HSBC promotes Philip Mehl to pan-Euro role
HSBC has promoted marketer Philip Mehl to a pan-European role, as part of a shift in the marketing structure at the bank.
Mehl, previously UK marketing director, last month took up the new role of head of marketing, retail banking and wealth management Europe at HSBC.
He will lead marketing communications across HSBC's European markets, which include the UK, France, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Armenia and Kazakhstan.
Mehl, a former Unilever, Mars and T-Mobile marketer, was promoted to the top HSBC UK marketing position in 2009, overseeing its HSBC, M&S Money and First Direct retail banking brands.
Last year, HSBC appointed former Marks & Spencer marketer Sarah Threadgould as its head of UK marketing, reporting to Mehl. It is understood that Mehl will continue to report to Chris Clark, group head of marketing.
The appointment comes as HSBC moves to shift its marketing strategy away from its long-held positioning as the 'World's Local Bank'.
In May 2011, chief executive Stuart Gulliver announced plans to drop the line and use its advertising to explore "the future forces that will shape our world and commerce".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show