Publicis Groupe chalks up 8.6% UK revenue growth
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 09:39AM
Publicis Groupe has reported 8.6% growth in UK revenues for the first quarter as digital's share of its overall €1.45bn (£1.19bn) revenues overtook advertising's share.
The French group, headed by chairman and chief executive Maurice Lévy, has boosted its top line with a series of acquisitions over the past year, including UK direct agency Kitcatt Nohr.
Overall revenues were up 12.9% year on year but organic revenue growth – excluding acquisitions, disposals and currency fluctuations – was lower, at 4.1%.
Lévy said he believed the second half of the year would see "stronger and steadier growth" than the first half.
For the first time digital services accounted for a greater share of the group’s revenue than advertising (33% to 31%).
Digital grew by 15.6% on an organic basis and there was double-digit organic growth in the BRIC markets and what Publicis referred to as MISSAT (Mexico, Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa and Turkey).
Lévy said: "This is further evidence that the Groupe has made the right strategic investment decisions. We will continue to give pride of place to digital activities and high-growth markets."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) Food / FMCG William Jackson Food Group £competitive, Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Agency Royds Raphael £35k-£38k+bonus+excellent benefits, London
- Project Manager - Branding & Design FREELANCE / CONTRACT Royds Raphael £150-£180+ neg day rate, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad