Saint founders launch Hometown start-up
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:00AM
Simon Labbett and David Gamble, the co-founders and creative directors of the Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R digital shop Saint, have launched their own agency, Hometown.
The agency launches with the backing of the branding agency Start JG, which has taken a 35 per cent stake.
The management team also includes Saint's former innovations director, Chris Jefford, as the strategy director and the former RKCR/Y&R and Brothers and Sisters new-business director, Helen Kimber, as its managing partner. It has no launch clients.
Hometown is positioned as a multidisciplinary agency and claims that the partnership with Start JG allows it to be able to work with clients throughout the consumer journey, from the development of the brand identity to the communications strategy.
Gamble said: "Hometown is our opportunity to take our learnings from the last 17 years, start from scratch, listen to what clients want from a modern agency and strip out the rest to form an agency built around their business, and ideas that genuinely affect people."
Mike Curtis, the chief executive of Start, said: "The Hometown team are proven agenda-setters and they are on the threshold of doing so again. We look forward to a lean and meaningful collaborative relationship."
Labbett and Gamble left Saint at the end of last year; its other founding partner, Adam Graham, departed in September 2011 to become chief executive of Weapon7. Last week, RKCR/Y&R announced Saint was to merge into its main agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film