Pepsi consolidates UK media into OMD
PepsiCo has consolidated its £25 million UK media spend into OMD by appointing the agency to handle the £7 million Pepsi soft drinks account.
Mindshare previously oversaw the soft drinks business, which covers Pepsi, Pepsi Max and 7Up. OMD already handled the bulk of the spend, working on brands including Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker.
The appointment was made without a pitch and is part of a global initiative driven from Pepsi's New York headquarters.
OMD handles the majority of Pepsi's global media, while Mindshare continues to work for it in some Asian markets including India.
The UK media consolidation follows last week's news that Pepsi is to cut 100 ad agencies from its US agency roster, trimming the roster to around 50 shops and strengthening its relationship with OMD's Omnicom parent.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO continues to handle Pepsi's UK advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director air recruitment Up to £50k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Graphic Designer Beyond The Book £DOE, Gloucestershire
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28K- £32K, London (Central), London (Greater)