Pepsi consolidates UK media into OMD
PepsiCo has consolidated its £25 million UK media spend into OMD by appointing the agency to handle the £7 million Pepsi soft drinks account.
Mindshare previously oversaw the soft drinks business, which covers Pepsi, Pepsi Max and 7Up. OMD already handled the bulk of the spend, working on brands including Walkers, Tropicana and Quaker.
The appointment was made without a pitch and is part of a global initiative driven from Pepsi's New York headquarters.
OMD handles the majority of Pepsi's global media, while Mindshare continues to work for it in some Asian markets including India.
The UK media consolidation follows last week's news that Pepsi is to cut 100 ad agencies from its US agency roster, trimming the roster to around 50 shops and strengthening its relationship with OMD's Omnicom parent.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO continues to handle Pepsi's UK advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014