News groups unite to drive up revenue
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 19 April 2012 11:40AM
The regional news groups Northcliffe Media and Trinity Mirror Regionals are to offer advertisers a new national sales package of titles in a bid to drive up ad revenues in a difficult market.
Steve Auckland, recently promoted from the managing director to the chief executive of Northcliffe, will lead the initiative alongside Georgina Harvey, the managing director of Trinity Mirror Regionals, and Gary McNish, the managing director of the sales house AMRA, which represents titles from both groups.
Ad revenues in the regional press market remain under pressure. Revenues at Northcliffe fell 10 per cent in the six months to 31 March, according to a statement from its owner, Daily Mail & General Trust, this week.
The package is likely to include a selection of Northcliffe and Trinity Mirror titles across the UK, including the Manchester Evening News and the Bristol Evening Post.
AMRA is looking to recruit a new team to sell the package.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, West Midlands
- Digital Operations Director - Display, Video & Mobile Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Product Manager Brand Recruitment Competitive basic plus excellent benefits , Ipswich
- Junior Account Manager / Account Manager / Account Executive Royds Raphael £25k-£28kk+neg, London