Tetley signs deal to sponsor Sunday family films on Channel 5
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, is to become the exclusive sponsor of family movies such as 'Toy Story' and 'Pocahontas' on Channel 5 on Sunday afternoons as part of a wider deal with Northern & Shell.
The year-long sponsorship starts this Sunday (22 April) and Tetley bumpers in the style of popular movie themes, such as cowboys, pirates and superheroes, will sit around the breaks in Channel 5's Sunday afternoon family movies.
Other films to be broadcast in the coming months include 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory', 'Ghostbusters', 'A Bug's Life', 'Hercules', 'The Goonies' and 'Winnie The Pooh'.
A spokeswoman for Channel 5 said the average audience for the Sunday films is more than 1.1 million viewers but the slot regularly gets audiences over 2.5 million viewers.
The sponsorship of family movies will be one element of a to-be-finalised wider partnership with Channel 5's parent group Northern and Shell which will incorporate TV, print and online and follows the launch of N&S Partnerships last year.
Amy Holdsworth, marketing manager at Tetley, said: "Tetley knows a good cup of tea helps bring people closer, and we’re proud to support the perfect opportunity for families to spend time together."
The idents were commissioned by creative agency Dare and the deal was negotiated by Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest.
Greg Fuller, business director at MediaVest, said: "Our research showed Sunday afternoons were one of the very few occasions that the family could get together and enjoy each other's company, and we wanted Tetley to be at the heart of those special living room family moments."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Planner - Shopper - Retail / FMCG - paying to £40k Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, including a 20% bonus opportunity, London (Greater)
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media