Tetley signs deal to sponsor Sunday family films on Channel 5
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, is to become the exclusive sponsor of family movies such as 'Toy Story' and 'Pocahontas' on Channel 5 on Sunday afternoons as part of a wider deal with Northern & Shell.
The year-long sponsorship starts this Sunday (22 April) and Tetley bumpers in the style of popular movie themes, such as cowboys, pirates and superheroes, will sit around the breaks in Channel 5's Sunday afternoon family movies.
Other films to be broadcast in the coming months include 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory', 'Ghostbusters', 'A Bug's Life', 'Hercules', 'The Goonies' and 'Winnie The Pooh'.
A spokeswoman for Channel 5 said the average audience for the Sunday films is more than 1.1 million viewers but the slot regularly gets audiences over 2.5 million viewers.
The sponsorship of family movies will be one element of a to-be-finalised wider partnership with Channel 5's parent group Northern and Shell which will incorporate TV, print and online and follows the launch of N&S Partnerships last year.
Amy Holdsworth, marketing manager at Tetley, said: "Tetley knows a good cup of tea helps bring people closer, and we’re proud to support the perfect opportunity for families to spend time together."
The idents were commissioned by creative agency Dare and the deal was negotiated by Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest.
Greg Fuller, business director at MediaVest, said: "Our research showed Sunday afternoons were one of the very few occasions that the family could get together and enjoy each other's company, and we wanted Tetley to be at the heart of those special living room family moments."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%