Tetley signs deal to sponsor Sunday family films on Channel 5
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, is to become the exclusive sponsor of family movies such as 'Toy Story' and 'Pocahontas' on Channel 5 on Sunday afternoons as part of a wider deal with Northern & Shell.
The year-long sponsorship starts this Sunday (22 April) and Tetley bumpers in the style of popular movie themes, such as cowboys, pirates and superheroes, will sit around the breaks in Channel 5's Sunday afternoon family movies.
Other films to be broadcast in the coming months include 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory', 'Ghostbusters', 'A Bug's Life', 'Hercules', 'The Goonies' and 'Winnie The Pooh'.
A spokeswoman for Channel 5 said the average audience for the Sunday films is more than 1.1 million viewers but the slot regularly gets audiences over 2.5 million viewers.
The sponsorship of family movies will be one element of a to-be-finalised wider partnership with Channel 5's parent group Northern and Shell which will incorporate TV, print and online and follows the launch of N&S Partnerships last year.
Amy Holdsworth, marketing manager at Tetley, said: "Tetley knows a good cup of tea helps bring people closer, and we’re proud to support the perfect opportunity for families to spend time together."
The idents were commissioned by creative agency Dare and the deal was negotiated by Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest.
Greg Fuller, business director at MediaVest, said: "Our research showed Sunday afternoons were one of the very few occasions that the family could get together and enjoy each other's company, and we wanted Tetley to be at the heart of those special living room family moments."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Publicity Manager Stopgap £47000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Domino's Pizza launches TV ad for cheese and smokey bacon stuffed crust