Tetley signs deal to sponsor Sunday family films on Channel 5
Tetley, the Tata Global Beverages-owned tea brand, is to become the exclusive sponsor of family movies such as 'Toy Story' and 'Pocahontas' on Channel 5 on Sunday afternoons as part of a wider deal with Northern & Shell.
The year-long sponsorship starts this Sunday (22 April) and Tetley bumpers in the style of popular movie themes, such as cowboys, pirates and superheroes, will sit around the breaks in Channel 5's Sunday afternoon family movies.
Other films to be broadcast in the coming months include 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory', 'Ghostbusters', 'A Bug's Life', 'Hercules', 'The Goonies' and 'Winnie The Pooh'.
A spokeswoman for Channel 5 said the average audience for the Sunday films is more than 1.1 million viewers but the slot regularly gets audiences over 2.5 million viewers.
The sponsorship of family movies will be one element of a to-be-finalised wider partnership with Channel 5's parent group Northern and Shell which will incorporate TV, print and online and follows the launch of N&S Partnerships last year.
Amy Holdsworth, marketing manager at Tetley, said: "Tetley knows a good cup of tea helps bring people closer, and we’re proud to support the perfect opportunity for families to spend time together."
The idents were commissioned by creative agency Dare and the deal was negotiated by Publicis Groupe media agency MediaVest.
Greg Fuller, business director at MediaVest, said: "Our research showed Sunday afternoons were one of the very few occasions that the family could get together and enjoy each other's company, and we wanted Tetley to be at the heart of those special living room family moments."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood