MEC Manchester wins furniture account
Furniture retailer Jysk has appointed MEC Manchester, the WPP media agency, to its media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
The incumbent, Aegis Media's Carat Manchester, is understood to have been involved in the early stages and MEC Manchester is believed to have pitched against independent agency M3 Communications.
Jysk has tasked MEC with developing a campaign to drive sales in its five existing stores in the north of England and the Midlands, as well as helping the company's expansion into the south of England.
The campaign will target people who are interested in home improvement and is expected to include leaflets, press and radio. All creative work is designed by Jysk's headquarters in Denmark.
Carl Erik Stubkier, media and events manager at Jysk, said: "Throughout the pitch process, we were impressed by MEC's expertise in understanding our target audience. Their pitch challenged us to review how we support our stores through the media, in what is a crucial time for the business.
Jysk currently has stores in York, Blackburn, Bolton, Mansfield and Lincoln, and the brand's most recent marketing was a leaflet and regional press campaign planned and bought by Carat Manchester.
Mick Style, managing director at MEC Manchester, said: "With their current UK expansion, this really is an exciting time for all associated with Jysk.
"Creating a campaign that would appeal to their relatively broad target audience will prove an exciting challenge for us. We feel the appointment reflects both parties' drive for effectiveness in all channels."
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Marketing Executive Stopgap £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Juinor Account Manager - Digtial Media - Saas Ultimate Asset £24000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager and Account Director Stopgap £50000 per annum, South East England
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers