Yell appoints Engine to global advertising account
Yell has appointed Engine to handle its estimated £60 million global advertising account.
Engine beat DDB in a final shoot-out after Ogilvy & Mather and McCann Erickson were eliminated.
The account will be handled by Engine's advertising agency WCRS and its direct marketing agency, Partners Andrews Aldridge, which is also expected to oversee its digital activity.
Yell’s first global chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, oversaw the review, which began in February.
Rapier is the incumbent agency on Yell's £4 million UK advertising business and has worked with the brand for four years.
The agency, which created last year's "Day V Lately" campaign that updated the famous "JR Hartley" scenario, competed for the business but was unsuccessful in making it to the pitch stage.
McCann Erickson is Yell's incumbent agency in Spain and Chile, while Mix Comunicaciones handles the account in Argentina. In the US, Yell has most recently worked with Gotham.
Engine was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London