Yell appoints Engine to global advertising account
Yell has appointed Engine to handle its estimated £60 million global advertising account.
Engine beat DDB in a final shoot-out after Ogilvy & Mather and McCann Erickson were eliminated.
The account will be handled by Engine's advertising agency WCRS and its direct marketing agency, Partners Andrews Aldridge, which is also expected to oversee its digital activity.
Yell’s first global chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, oversaw the review, which began in February.
Rapier is the incumbent agency on Yell's £4 million UK advertising business and has worked with the brand for four years.
The agency, which created last year's "Day V Lately" campaign that updated the famous "JR Hartley" scenario, competed for the business but was unsuccessful in making it to the pitch stage.
McCann Erickson is Yell's incumbent agency in Spain and Chile, while Mix Comunicaciones handles the account in Argentina. In the US, Yell has most recently worked with Gotham.
Engine was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Planner Buyer - Revolutionary Media Agency!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits , City of London
- Marketing Manager Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief