Yell appoints Engine to global advertising account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 20 April 2012 11:20AM
Yell has appointed Engine to handle its estimated £60 million global advertising account.
Engine beat DDB in a final shoot-out after Ogilvy & Mather and McCann Erickson were eliminated.
The account will be handled by Engine's advertising agency WCRS and its direct marketing agency, Partners Andrews Aldridge, which is also expected to oversee its digital activity.
Yell’s first global chief marketing officer, Jenny Ashmore, oversaw the review, which began in February.
Rapier is the incumbent agency on Yell's £4 million UK advertising business and has worked with the brand for four years.
The agency, which created last year's "Day V Lately" campaign that updated the famous "JR Hartley" scenario, competed for the business but was unsuccessful in making it to the pitch stage.
McCann Erickson is Yell's incumbent agency in Spain and Chile, while Mix Comunicaciones handles the account in Argentina. In the US, Yell has most recently worked with Gotham.
Engine was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London
- Broadcast Account Manager - TV, VOD, Radio & Cinema Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager Pitch Consultants £24000 - £27000 per annum + car + benefits, Leicestershire
- Senior Account Director Pitch Consultants £48000 - £55000 per annum + benefits, West Midlands