Perform signs three-month exclusive deal with MediaCom
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 09:14AM
Perform, the digital sports right company, has signed an exclusive deal with MediaCom that will mean the agency's clients get exclusive advertising next to its on-demand streaming of sports content on LG's smart TVs.
The deal, initially for three months, will have exclusivity to the likes of T-Mobile, Volkswagen, Lucozade and other MediaCom clients.
The advertising will run across on-demand content, which includes sport's highlights and news.
Perform's Livesport.TV streams thousands of live sports events and it recently launched app for LG's 3D Smart TV.
The app features news and highlights content from a number of sport competitions, including European and South American football leagues, snooker, Australian Rules Football (AFL), hockey, darts and rugby union.
Graeme Hutcheson, associate director of futures and implementation at MediaCom, said: "Perform have developed a really exciting proposition in the connected-TV space. Being the leading provider of on-demand sports content on this platform is both an enticing prospect for consumers, but also an exciting space for advertisers to exploit."
Perform's business has a number of revenue sources, including distributing sports content to bookmakers and online media, as well as gaining revenue from ads running within content on its own and others' websites.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad