Perform signs three-month exclusive deal with MediaCom
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 09:14AM
Perform, the digital sports right company, has signed an exclusive deal with MediaCom that will mean the agency's clients get exclusive advertising next to its on-demand streaming of sports content on LG's smart TVs.
The deal, initially for three months, will have exclusivity to the likes of T-Mobile, Volkswagen, Lucozade and other MediaCom clients.
The advertising will run across on-demand content, which includes sport's highlights and news.
Perform's Livesport.TV streams thousands of live sports events and it recently launched app for LG's 3D Smart TV.
The app features news and highlights content from a number of sport competitions, including European and South American football leagues, snooker, Australian Rules Football (AFL), hockey, darts and rugby union.
Graeme Hutcheson, associate director of futures and implementation at MediaCom, said: "Perform have developed a really exciting proposition in the connected-TV space. Being the leading provider of on-demand sports content on this platform is both an enticing prospect for consumers, but also an exciting space for advertisers to exploit."
Perform's business has a number of revenue sources, including distributing sports content to bookmakers and online media, as well as gaining revenue from ads running within content on its own and others' websites.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Marketing Coordinator /Communication Production Assistant - Mar Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Executive - Marketing Communications Regan & Dean Recruitment Limited £25000 - £32000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Account Executive Twist Recruitment £19000 - £22000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%