Perform signs three-month exclusive deal with MediaCom
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 09:14AM
Perform, the digital sports right company, has signed an exclusive deal with MediaCom that will mean the agency's clients get exclusive advertising next to its on-demand streaming of sports content on LG's smart TVs.
The deal, initially for three months, will have exclusivity to the likes of T-Mobile, Volkswagen, Lucozade and other MediaCom clients.
The advertising will run across on-demand content, which includes sport's highlights and news.
Perform's Livesport.TV streams thousands of live sports events and it recently launched app for LG's 3D Smart TV.
The app features news and highlights content from a number of sport competitions, including European and South American football leagues, snooker, Australian Rules Football (AFL), hockey, darts and rugby union.
Graeme Hutcheson, associate director of futures and implementation at MediaCom, said: "Perform have developed a really exciting proposition in the connected-TV space. Being the leading provider of on-demand sports content on this platform is both an enticing prospect for consumers, but also an exciting space for advertisers to exploit."
Perform's business has a number of revenue sources, including distributing sports content to bookmakers and online media, as well as gaining revenue from ads running within content on its own and others' websites.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Product Development Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Brand Manager Premier Inn £Competitive + Benefits, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'