Perform signs three-month exclusive deal with MediaCom
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 09:14AM
Perform, the digital sports right company, has signed an exclusive deal with MediaCom that will mean the agency's clients get exclusive advertising next to its on-demand streaming of sports content on LG's smart TVs.
The deal, initially for three months, will have exclusivity to the likes of T-Mobile, Volkswagen, Lucozade and other MediaCom clients.
The advertising will run across on-demand content, which includes sport's highlights and news.
Perform's Livesport.TV streams thousands of live sports events and it recently launched app for LG's 3D Smart TV.
The app features news and highlights content from a number of sport competitions, including European and South American football leagues, snooker, Australian Rules Football (AFL), hockey, darts and rugby union.
Graeme Hutcheson, associate director of futures and implementation at MediaCom, said: "Perform have developed a really exciting proposition in the connected-TV space. Being the leading provider of on-demand sports content on this platform is both an enticing prospect for consumers, but also an exciting space for advertisers to exploit."
Perform's business has a number of revenue sources, including distributing sports content to bookmakers and online media, as well as gaining revenue from ads running within content on its own and others' websites.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City Of London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- The role of private equity in adland
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies