Eric Newnham invests in Blis Media
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:57AM
Former Kinetic chief executive Eric Newnham has taken a stake in Blis Media, a media and technology provider for online display advertising, and has become its chairman.
Blis Media was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Fitzrovia in London, with an office in Sydney. It is backed by Beringea, Meridian Growth Capital and Ballpark Ventures.
Newnham said: "Blis has a fantastic market offer. They are not only enabling advertisers to take full advantage of smartphone and tablet penetration, but they are offering an incredible level of granularity in audience targeting.
"The company has an immense opportunity, a great management team and I am excited about being part of the business's new product launches throughout 2012."
Gregor Isbister, Blis chief executive officer, said that Newnham's experience and international knowledge of the media agency landscape was "unrivalled".
He said: "This knowledge fits perfectly with our infinity-plus-targeting platform and Eric will be key to driving our targeting and audience profiling capabilities.
"2011's explosive growth continues and we are attracting some of the biggest international media agencies as customers. With several truly innovative product launches in 2012, we are delighted to welcome Eric on board. His experience in growing media companies internationally and the strategic relationships he brings are invaluable."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Client Services Director - Brand Marketing Agency ADLIB £60k - £65k, Bath
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake