Eric Newnham invests in Blis Media
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:57AM
Former Kinetic chief executive Eric Newnham has taken a stake in Blis Media, a media and technology provider for online display advertising, and has become its chairman.
Blis Media was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Fitzrovia in London, with an office in Sydney. It is backed by Beringea, Meridian Growth Capital and Ballpark Ventures.
Newnham said: "Blis has a fantastic market offer. They are not only enabling advertisers to take full advantage of smartphone and tablet penetration, but they are offering an incredible level of granularity in audience targeting.
"The company has an immense opportunity, a great management team and I am excited about being part of the business's new product launches throughout 2012."
Gregor Isbister, Blis chief executive officer, said that Newnham's experience and international knowledge of the media agency landscape was "unrivalled".
He said: "This knowledge fits perfectly with our infinity-plus-targeting platform and Eric will be key to driving our targeting and audience profiling capabilities.
"2011's explosive growth continues and we are attracting some of the biggest international media agencies as customers. With several truly innovative product launches in 2012, we are delighted to welcome Eric on board. His experience in growing media companies internationally and the strategic relationships he brings are invaluable."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director, maternity contract - high end creative for fashion, retail, luxury Story Recruitment £45-50k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood