Eric Newnham invests in Blis Media
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 11:57AM
Former Kinetic chief executive Eric Newnham has taken a stake in Blis Media, a media and technology provider for online display advertising, and has become its chairman.
Blis Media was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Fitzrovia in London, with an office in Sydney. It is backed by Beringea, Meridian Growth Capital and Ballpark Ventures.
Newnham said: "Blis has a fantastic market offer. They are not only enabling advertisers to take full advantage of smartphone and tablet penetration, but they are offering an incredible level of granularity in audience targeting.
"The company has an immense opportunity, a great management team and I am excited about being part of the business's new product launches throughout 2012."
Gregor Isbister, Blis chief executive officer, said that Newnham's experience and international knowledge of the media agency landscape was "unrivalled".
He said: "This knowledge fits perfectly with our infinity-plus-targeting platform and Eric will be key to driving our targeting and audience profiling capabilities.
"2011's explosive growth continues and we are attracting some of the biggest international media agencies as customers. With several truly innovative product launches in 2012, we are delighted to welcome Eric on board. His experience in growing media companies internationally and the strategic relationships he brings are invaluable."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Platform Director EU Ultimate Asset £75000 - £85000 per annum + + comm + shares, London
- Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA, South East England
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts