BA press campaign vaunts BMI deal
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 23 April 2012 12:35PM
British Airways is running a press campaign that explains its recent takeover of BMI, calling it a "positive step" for UK aviation and reassuring customers that the transition period will be "as smooth as possible".
An ad, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH), ran in the Sunday papers this weekend and appears in national and regional newspapers today. It shows BA and bmi's tailfins side by side and uses BA's "To Fly. To Serve." strapline.
The ad follows the completion of bmi's £172.5m buyout last week by BA's parent company, International Airlines Group (IAG). Bmi's brand and operations will be completely integrated into BA's operations.
The ad reads, "Welcome on board. We're happy to welcome bmi and its customers. It's a positive step for UK aviation that will allow us to offer you more frequent flights to a greater number of destinations.
"We plan to operate bmi's Heathrow summer schedule so you can book and fly with confidence.
"We aim to make this transition as smooth as possible for all customers. So as we continue to refuel the details of integrating our two organisations, we'll be publishing everything you need to stay up to date on ba.com/bmi."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London