Red Bull set to roll out Editions offering in UK
Red Bull is gearing up to launch a drinks range called Editions in the UK, as it seeks to grow its share of the buoyant energy-drinks market.
The three variants – cranberry, blueberry and lime flavours – will be called The Red Edition, The Blue Edition and The Silver Edition, respectively.
Their single-colour cans mark a departure from Red Bull’s usual livery.
The range, launched in Austria and Germany last September, is sold at the same price as the standard Red Bull.
Huib van Bockel, marketing director at Red Bull UK, said the brand is in the process of defining "if and when" it will launch the range in the UK, but it is understood that the development of a marketing strategy for its roll-out is already under way.
Red Bull's range in the UK comprises its original energy drink, a sugar-free version, a smaller energy shot and a cola. The brand continues to use its long-standing "Red Bull gives you wings" strapline and line-drawing cartoon ad style.
The energy drinks market has been boosted over the past year with a series of launches, from Coca-Cola's Powerade Energy to AG Barr's Rockstar Pink, a drink aimed at women.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Manager Major Players £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Midweight/Senior Digital Designer Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 per annum, Benefits: + Benefits, Northampton
- Insight Director - Maternity Cover Lipton Fleming £50000 per annum + 50000, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'