Red Bull set to roll out Editions offering in UK
Red Bull is gearing up to launch a drinks range called Editions in the UK, as it seeks to grow its share of the buoyant energy-drinks market.
The three variants – cranberry, blueberry and lime flavours – will be called The Red Edition, The Blue Edition and The Silver Edition, respectively.
Their single-colour cans mark a departure from Red Bull’s usual livery.
The range, launched in Austria and Germany last September, is sold at the same price as the standard Red Bull.
Huib van Bockel, marketing director at Red Bull UK, said the brand is in the process of defining "if and when" it will launch the range in the UK, but it is understood that the development of a marketing strategy for its roll-out is already under way.
Red Bull's range in the UK comprises its original energy drink, a sugar-free version, a smaller energy shot and a cola. The brand continues to use its long-standing "Red Bull gives you wings" strapline and line-drawing cartoon ad style.
The energy drinks market has been boosted over the past year with a series of launches, from Coca-Cola's Powerade Energy to AG Barr's Rockstar Pink, a drink aimed at women.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater), South East
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff