Brand USA features Johnny Cash's daughter in first global ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 April 2012 09:31AM
Brand USA, the marketing body for North America, is launching its first global campaign next month, which invites tourists to "discover" the United States and features Johnny Cash's daughter, Rosanne.
The 'Land of dreams' campaign by JWT New York, features a TV ad supported by digital, outdoor and print activity. It breaks on 1 May in the UK, Japan and Canada, and runs for three months with a media spend of $12.3m (£7.6m).
The creative features American musician Rosanne Cash performing 'Land of Dreams', a song composed by her specifically for the campaign.
A series of images and short scenes showcases America's diverse scenery, from beaches and rural landscapes to people walking through cities, and driving motorbikes and Cadillacs. The ad ends with the strapline "Discover this land, like never before".
A second wave of the campaign will go live in other markets, including Brazil and South Korea, later this year.
Brand USA will drive potential visitors to www.discoveramerica.com, while the tourism board will use social media to showcase country-specific promotions.
Jim Evans, chief executive of Brand USA, said: "We want to spread America's message of welcome around the world and invite travellers to experience the limitless possibilities the United States has to offer.
"So we asked ourselves, 'how can we best speak to multiple countries, across countless languages and cultures?' We found the answer lay in the only truly universal language – music."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive or Account Executive createselect Up to £26K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - eCommerce and Digital Marketplace Silverdrum £60,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- SENIOR ACCOUNT EXEC/ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED agency, Farringdon - £23k-£30k Judi Patton £23k-£30k, Farringdon
- Marketing agency roles in the Home Counties Stonor Variable £20,000 - £100,000, Home Counties
- SALES AND MARKETING DIRECOR - MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands