Brand USA features Johnny Cash's daughter in first global ads
Brand USA, the marketing body for North America, is launching its first global campaign next month, which invites tourists to "discover" the United States and features Johnny Cash's daughter, Rosanne.
The 'Land of dreams' campaign by JWT New York, features a TV ad supported by digital, outdoor and print activity. It breaks on 1 May in the UK, Japan and Canada, and runs for three months with a media spend of $12.3m (£7.6m).
The creative features American musician Rosanne Cash performing 'Land of Dreams', a song composed by her specifically for the campaign.
A series of images and short scenes showcases America's diverse scenery, from beaches and rural landscapes to people walking through cities, and driving motorbikes and Cadillacs. The ad ends with the strapline "Discover this land, like never before".
A second wave of the campaign will go live in other markets, including Brazil and South Korea, later this year.
Brand USA will drive potential visitors to www.discoveramerica.com, while the tourism board will use social media to showcase country-specific promotions.
Jim Evans, chief executive of Brand USA, said: "We want to spread America's message of welcome around the world and invite travellers to experience the limitless possibilities the United States has to offer.
"So we asked ourselves, 'how can we best speak to multiple countries, across countless languages and cultures?' We found the answer lay in the only truly universal language – music."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive air recruitment Up to £22K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%