Weight Watchers makes high-street debut with branded store
By Kate Lloyd, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 09:21AM
Weight Watchers has opened what it is calling a 'Lifestyle Centre' in Reading, offering personalised weight-loss sessions and selling only its own food and drink.
Weight Watchers is targeting members and busy commuters who can visit the centre to receive one-on-one weight-loss consultations and attend group support sessions, as well as purchase branded goods.
Further centres, which would emulate a strategy already in place in the US, will be rolled out across the UK if the Reading pilot proves a success.
The first shop opens after the brand redesigned the packaging for its 250 Weight Watchers food products this month to make them more identifiable.
It is the latest in a series of projects undertaken by the brand over the past 18 months, including the new ProPoints plan and an iPhone app, which the company said has had more than 800,000 downloads.
The company has shifted its £10m ad business to Saatchi and Saatchi in the past year, the agency's biggest new-business win, and in January, rolled out its first campaign fronted by celebrity Alesha Dixon.
Chris Stirk, Weight Watchers' director of products and licensing, said: "With many of us working longer hours and demanding a more personalised flexible service, we continue to adapt and enhance our products and services to meet the needs of the community."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Dutch Speaking Marketing Manager Ninesharp £35000 per annum, West London
- Comms Account Manager - BEAUTY FMCG Ultimate Asset £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs