Dove wins at inaugural Body Confidence awards
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 April 2012 11:50AM
Dove, the Unilever-owned personal care brand, has won the best campaign accolade at the inaugural Campaign for Body Confidence Awards for its 'Growing Up' campaign.
The Campaign for Body Confidence was set up in March last year by Jo Swinson MP and Lynne Featherstone MP, following the success of their Real Women campaign, which calls for the ban on airbrushing in advertising.
Dove's winning £1.6m campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather, launched in March and promises to invest £250,000 this year in self-esteem education for young girls in the UK.
It tells consumers, "Five out of 10 girls will stop doing everyday activities because they feel bad about how they look. Let's help them feel good instead".
Boot's No7 "Ta dah" range won in the beauty category for declining to use retouching in its advertising.
Changing Faces took the top spot in the campaigner category for its long-running work to change public attitudes towards people with disfigurements.
Caitlin Moran won in the broadcast, print and publishing category, with her book 'How to be a Woman'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Display Campaign Executive - Top 3 Digital Agency Reuben Sinclair bonus, benefits, pension, healthcare, N1 London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Products Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath
- Digital Display Manager - Fab Agency! GoodEgg Digital £Neg+ great benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM and Business Data Analyst Ninesharp £32000 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits, Slough
- Freelance Production Manager Network Career Consultants £200 - £250 per day, Hertfordshire
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy