Dove wins at inaugural Body Confidence awards
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 April 2012 11:50AM
Dove, the Unilever-owned personal care brand, has won the best campaign accolade at the inaugural Campaign for Body Confidence Awards for its 'Growing Up' campaign.
The Campaign for Body Confidence was set up in March last year by Jo Swinson MP and Lynne Featherstone MP, following the success of their Real Women campaign, which calls for the ban on airbrushing in advertising.
Dove's winning £1.6m campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather, launched in March and promises to invest £250,000 this year in self-esteem education for young girls in the UK.
It tells consumers, "Five out of 10 girls will stop doing everyday activities because they feel bad about how they look. Let's help them feel good instead".
Boot's No7 "Ta dah" range won in the beauty category for declining to use retouching in its advertising.
Changing Faces took the top spot in the campaigner category for its long-running work to change public attitudes towards people with disfigurements.
Caitlin Moran won in the broadcast, print and publishing category, with her book 'How to be a Woman'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Studio / Traffic Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £32000 per annum, Macclesfield
- Senior Data Planner DBG One Limited £Competitive + Benefits, Blackfriars, The City of London
- Marketing Executive Transaction Network Services (UK) Ltd Up to £30,000,
- Group Marketing Manager - Travel/Media - London - £45k Profiles Creative £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show