Dove wins at inaugural Body Confidence awards
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 24 April 2012 11:50AM
Dove, the Unilever-owned personal care brand, has won the best campaign accolade at the inaugural Campaign for Body Confidence Awards for its 'Growing Up' campaign.
The Campaign for Body Confidence was set up in March last year by Jo Swinson MP and Lynne Featherstone MP, following the success of their Real Women campaign, which calls for the ban on airbrushing in advertising.
Dove's winning £1.6m campaign, created by Ogilvy & Mather, launched in March and promises to invest £250,000 this year in self-esteem education for young girls in the UK.
It tells consumers, "Five out of 10 girls will stop doing everyday activities because they feel bad about how they look. Let's help them feel good instead".
Boot's No7 "Ta dah" range won in the beauty category for declining to use retouching in its advertising.
Changing Faces took the top spot in the campaigner category for its long-running work to change public attitudes towards people with disfigurements.
Caitlin Moran won in the broadcast, print and publishing category, with her book 'How to be a Woman'.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts