Clipper Tea turns to Aardman Animation for TV push
By Kate Lloyd, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 11:30AM
Organic and Fairtrade drinks producer Clipper Tea is rolling out a TV campaign promoting its Everyday Tea range with a "conga" of mugs lining up for a brew.
The ad, created by Wallace & Grommit maker Aardman Animation, will make its TV debut on Friday (27 April) and will be supported by on-pack promotion, free sample delivery, a social media campaign and a presence at UK festivals throughout the summer.
The 20-second commercial, part of a campaign by agency Warl, features a long line of mugs dancing past a box of Clipper Everyday tea while being filled with tea bags and hot water.
The agency hopes the queue of cups will reflect Clipper's position as the fastest growing everyday tea brand in 2011.
The commercial was voiced by Katherine Parkinson from the 'IT Crowd' and animated by Aardman Animation, who have worked with Clipper since its first national TV campaign in 2010.
Iain Whiteley was the copywriter on the ad, working with art director Anna Tozer. The ad was directed by Daniel Cohen. The commercial was bought and planned by The Media Shop's Richard Huglin and Natalie Collins.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SEO / Search Specialist, Travel, Surrey, £30-33k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £33000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits!, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Source Ã‚£28000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, London
- Mid-weight Project Manager Red Sofa London Ã‚£35000.00 - Ã‚£40000.00 per annum, West London
- Account Director / Senior Account Director £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Berkshire
- Account Director - Retail - £45-55k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Central London