Cow & Gate picks BETC London to develop UK ads
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 09:00AM
Cow & Gate, the baby food and milk brand, has appointed BETC London as lead agency for the UK without a pitch.
The Group Danone-owned brand has previously adapted international ads created by its global agency BETC Paris for the UK, working with sister Havas agency Euro RSCG London.
Current creative includes a television ad featuring happy, laughing babies.
The award of the account comes after BETC London was invited to pitch UK-specific strategy and creative ideas to the Cow & Gate UK team in February.
It will produce TV, print and digital work for a campaign in July.
Cow & Gate is scheduled to spend in the region of £8m on media during 2012.
Matthew Charlton, chief executive of BETC London, said: "Cow & Gate has been at the forefront of baby nutrition in the UK for over 100 years, and, more recently as a champion of better toddler nutrition."
Work for Danone's Aptamil baby milk brand is unaffected and will continue to be adapted for the UK by Euro RSCG London.
Cow & Gate was unavailable for comment.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Marketing & Communications Manager Stopgap £32000 per annum, London
- Mobile & Apps Manager Stopgap Competitive Day Rate, South East England
- Online Content Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, South East England
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel