Cow & Gate picks BETC London to develop UK ads
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 09:00AM
Cow & Gate, the baby food and milk brand, has appointed BETC London as lead agency for the UK without a pitch.
The Group Danone-owned brand has previously adapted international ads created by its global agency BETC Paris for the UK, working with sister Havas agency Euro RSCG London.
Current creative includes a television ad featuring happy, laughing babies.
The award of the account comes after BETC London was invited to pitch UK-specific strategy and creative ideas to the Cow & Gate UK team in February.
It will produce TV, print and digital work for a campaign in July.
Cow & Gate is scheduled to spend in the region of £8m on media during 2012.
Matthew Charlton, chief executive of BETC London, said: "Cow & Gate has been at the forefront of baby nutrition in the UK for over 100 years, and, more recently as a champion of better toddler nutrition."
Work for Danone's Aptamil baby milk brand is unaffected and will continue to be adapted for the UK by Euro RSCG London.
Cow & Gate was unavailable for comment.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham