UM London takes FSCS communications planning account
By Mark Banham, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 April 2012 04:27PM
UM London has been awarded the communications planning account for the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), taking the business from incumbent Mindshare.
The win will remove the planning account from the WPP-owned agency, but buying will still be handled by WPP through its specialist government agency, M4C.
The process was conducted by Michelle Rajendran, the FCSC marketing manager and the appointment follows a three-way pitch which included UM London, Mindshare and Manning Gottlieb OMD.
The FSCS was launched in 2000 to help savers who have lost money that had been invested with banks.
UM London will now be tasked with launching the second phase of an awareness campaign, which was launched in the first quarter of 2011. Part of the brief stated that the FSCS was looking for an agency that could engage audiences with a "low-interest subject matter".
Mark Oakes, head of communications for FSCS, said: "We are delighted to appoint UM London to our communications planning business following a tough, high calibre pitch. We were particularly impressed by their strategic thinking which we believe will take us to the next level in our consumer awareness campaign."
The organisation last held a pitch for its communications planning in 2009. McCann Manchester, which holds the creative business, is not affected by the review.
Follow Mark Banham on Twitter @Banham72
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs