Hertz calls review of £10 million pan-Euro media
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 08:00AM
Hertz is reviewing its estimated £10 million pan-European media planning and buying account.
The car-rental company has issued RFIs via the marketing strategist Procurian and agencies have been invited to submit initial information online.
Initiative, the incumbent, won the account in 2009 after a pitch against Manning Gottlieb and OMD International, which held the UK and European accounts respectively.
The remit includes TV buying, press buying, cinema, outdoor, online media, affiliate management and direct response services.
Hertz, which was founded in the US, claims to be the world’s largest general use car-rental company, operating in more than 8,500 locations in 146 countries.
In 2011, Hertz consolidated its global advertising account into DDB. Before this, its advertising business was handled by Iris Worldwide.
The news of the review follows the announcement in March that Hertz is looking for a global PR agency to handle the brand’s corporate reputation around the world.
Hertz was founded in 1918 by Walter L Jacobs, who started out with a dozen revamped Ford Model Ts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Team Dahling Ltd £50,000 - 55,000, Central London
- SEO Executive Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Creative Director - Doha, Qatar (Tax free salary) MCG Associates Tax Free Salary, Doha, Qatar
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions