Hertz calls review of £10 million pan-Euro media
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 April 2012 08:00AM
Hertz is reviewing its estimated £10 million pan-European media planning and buying account.
The car-rental company has issued RFIs via the marketing strategist Procurian and agencies have been invited to submit initial information online.
Initiative, the incumbent, won the account in 2009 after a pitch against Manning Gottlieb and OMD International, which held the UK and European accounts respectively.
The remit includes TV buying, press buying, cinema, outdoor, online media, affiliate management and direct response services.
Hertz, which was founded in the US, claims to be the world’s largest general use car-rental company, operating in more than 8,500 locations in 146 countries.
In 2011, Hertz consolidated its global advertising account into DDB. Before this, its advertising business was handled by Iris Worldwide.
The news of the review follows the announcement in March that Hertz is looking for a global PR agency to handle the brand’s corporate reputation around the world.
Hertz was founded in 1918 by Walter L Jacobs, who started out with a dozen revamped Ford Model Ts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Junior Affiliate marketing executive Salt £150 - £200 per day, City of London
- Account Manager- DM Source £28000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Assistant - 9 month maternity cover Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Northampton
- PPC Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager (creative) Source £28000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Kevin Dundas leaves Droga5 Europe
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity