Thomson rolls out national campaign for Dreamliner launch
Thomson, the TUI Travel-owned tour operator, is rolling out a national marketing campaign to back the debut of its Boeing Dreamliner plane.
The national and regional press campaign launches this week and will run in this weekend’s papers. It reads, "Be the first to fly on the plane everyone's talking about – only with Thomson".
Thomson Airways, the carrier for Thomson and First Choice, is the first in the country to operate the new Boeing 787 Dreamliners.
Thomson has overhauled the livery of its entire aircraft as part of the introduction of the Dreamliners.
The aircraft, which boasts a 291 passenger capacity, claims a cutting-edge in-flight entertainment system. Thomson Airways' managing director Chris Brown said the planes use 20% less fuel than current carriers and will reduce noise by up to 60%.
The Dreamliner made its first stop in the UK as part of Thomson Airways this week, but the 13 aircraft currently on order for the airline will be delivered in the next three years, with the first plane becoming operational on 1 May 2013.
Jeremy Ellis, director of marketing, TUI UK & Ireland, said: "Flying the Thomson Dreamliner is just one of the ways we are modernising the holiday experience here at Thomson and First Choice.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £28000 per annum, Worcester
- Design Director - Brand Design and Packaging Agency - London - £55k - £60k - NP143 Stonor £55k - £60k, London (Greater)
- Traffic Planning Manager Premier Consultants c. £40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Network Career Consultants £30000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- Lloyds reviews media planning and buying